Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when registration is open, later in July.
Be sure to join those interested in better bicycling conditions, at the 4th annual Illinois Bike Summit! Learn from experts and network with others at this year’s event, co-sponsored by the League of Illinois Bicyclists and Champaign County Bikes and scheduled for Wednesday, October 28 at the I-Hotel in Champaign. Nearly 300 advocates, professionals, and government officials from around the state attended last year’s summit.
The Summit will energize you and teach you something new, whether you are a seasoned pro or just someone interested and curious about helping your town be more bike-friendly.
Program Format and Content
Breakout session topics tentatively include:
- Local bike planning basics – products and process
- Protected bike lanes and neighborhood greenways (bike boulevards)
- Complete streets tools and implementation
- Winning and implementing a grant for your trail/bikeway
- Advocacy leadership development
- New bicycle technology
- Bicycle and trail counts
- Bike maps – paper and digital
- Bicycle-Friendly America program
- Safe Routes to School and child bicyclist programs
- BikeSafetyQuiz.com local rep training
- How to legislate for bikes
- Bike co-ops and donation programs
Professional planners and engineers will be offered continuing education credit at the summit – and the following day (October 29), at a separate national-level training on NACTO’s Urban Bikeway Design Guide. The NACTO training is limited to 60 and is primarily intended for planners and engineers.